AF6SA Amateur Radio Station, El Dorado Hills, California, QRA: CM98lq
Located in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains on a residential lot with CC&R antenna restrictions.
Rotatable antenae are located on the house roof and the rest are made from wires between oak trees.
Antennae on house roof: 2x9 Xpol 144MHz + 2x19 Xpol 432MHz Az/El rotatable Sat/EME. 145/220/435MHz J-pole. W8JK HF beam.
Shack is located in an outbuilding with 240VAC/30A service, Gigabit Ehternet and AC/Heat pump.
- Transceiver: Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM IC-7100
- HF Solid state Power Amplifier Ameritron ALS-600 + upgraded LPF board, automatic band change, PIN diode QSK and RS-232 port. See my ALS 600 Retrofit project.
- Antenna tuner LDG AT-600ProII remotely controlled with home build tuner interface.
- Rotor controllers are home build AE-21 , remotely controlled with PstRotator software over the Wi-Fi network.
- Home build CAT and sound interface.
- Kenwood TM-D700 FM and Packet.
- Kenwood TH-F6A FM base / portable.
- Windom 80M-10M about 10M above ground.
- Modified W8JK antenna.
- Wire GP 40M-10M with inverted L extensions for 80M / 160M. 36 radials 8m to 21m long.
- Vertical wire loop for 40M, usable on 30M and 15M with tuner.
- 2x9 element X-polarised 144MHz G0KSC LFA Yagi with home build polarity switch and LNA NF=0.4dB. Polarity can be switched to Horizontal, Vertical, LHCP or RHCP.
- 2x19 element X-polarised 432MHz Yagi with home build polarity switch and LNA NF=0.5dB. Polarity can be switched to Horizontal, Vertical, LHCP or RHCP.
- Tri Band 145/220/440 home build copper J pole.
- Kenwood TM-742A tribander with 50/145/220 modules
- Diamond CR-320 or A-M3B 145/220/440 ¼ GP
- Home build 26” Hamstick for 50Mhz